Duct Cleaning Melbourne

Learn how duct cleaning can dramatically improve your indoor air quality

Duct Cleaning Melbourne - Cable brush cleaning

Why do you need regular duct cleaning in your home or office?

Duct cleaning has never been more important, as people are becoming increasingly aware of the effects that indoor air quality has on our health. An EPA study of human exposure to air pollutants found, levels of pollutants indoors can be 2 to 5 times and occasionally 100 times, higher than outside levels. As a result, Indoor air pollution is in the top five environmental risks to public health.

However, these pollutants don’t always produce easily identified or sudden impacts on health. During colder months, air trapped inside a structure can cause contaminants to build up.

As a result, most dust in homes contains mould, dust mites, pollen and pet dander. Because these pollutants travel through the air, they can inflame breathing problems such as asthma and allergies. Ducted HVAC systems are rather like a building’s respiratory system, circulating air throughout our structures.

When should you have duct cleaning performed?

Firstly, duct cleaning should be performed every 3 to 5 years, or when necessary. 

On the other hand, a clean and maintained system with high resistance filters installed, can remain healthy for 3 to 7 years. However, this can vary depending on the environment.

Likewise, more frequent cleaning might be necessary if people have allergies, smoke or have pets that shed lots of hair or dander. In contrast, 5 to 7 years might be sufficient for a well-maintained environment with regular dusting, vacuuming and routine carpet cleaning.

Other suitable times we would also recommend duct cleaning are after remodeling or prior to occupancy of a new property.

  • Have you found dirt in the vicinity of the air conditioning or heating vents?
  • Do you find a collection of dirt as you wipe your finger across your desk or filing cabinets?
  • These are common indicators of polluted air from a dirty HVAC system!
Duct Cleaning Melbourne - Duct video inspection camera

How can our duct cleaning system help you?

Most importantly, before duct cleaning with brushes or hoses, the ducts are inspected with a special video camera to ensure there is no damage or obstruction.

Air ducts can become hazardous breeding grounds for allergy-causing contaminants. As a result, they may contain odours, dead rodents and other pests.

Our exclusive vopour system permanently removes odours and bacteria like nothing else can. Our system finds the odour molecules in all areas of the system and neutralises them by oxidising the odour and leaving behind a harmless “salt”. The odor is gone forever without leaving behind any toxic chemicals.

Furthermore, standard disposable filters in most systems only stop about 10% of the airborne contaminants, therefore leaving 90% behind to re-circulate through the system. High resistance electrostatic filters are washable and remove far more contaminants and prevent them form being recirculated.

Video inspection

Firstly, we inspect the ducts with a video inspection camera to check for damage or obstructions.

High efficiency filters

We will provide you with all the information you need to get the best high quality washable filters for your system.

Sanitize

We decontaminate and sanitize systems after issues with viruses, water damage, mould or dead animals

Deodourise

Likewise, we can remove any odour caused by dead rodents, rat urine, mould, smoke, etc.

Benefits of a clean air system

Efficiency

A clean HVAC system performs far more efficiently and will also decrease energy costs.

Reduced costs

Properly maintaining the mechanical components will help them last longer while also reducing costly system repairs.

Cleaner air

Clean air systems lessen the chances of indoor air pollution affecting a building and may also help to avoid health or comfort complaints by occupants.

Happier tenants

A commitment to improving indoor air quality provides better relationships between management and the tenants.

Increased productivity

Buildings with staff often see reductions in employee downtime or sick days, increasing productivity.

Greater retention rates

Finally, tenants perceive higher value in buildings with regular air system maintenance and retention rates are greater.

Hey, get in touch!

Is your ducted system affecting your indoor environment?

1300 399 999